Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Tree.



So the other day we spent our afternoon quiet time walking around the base spending some time waiting and listening upon the Lord. It was rainy out but ya know, I am from the rainy state so I didn't really mind. I somehow ended up walking into the woods toward the back end of the base. The wood isn't really like any wood back home; it looks as if it would be dense and thick, but its more like a canopy of leaves like a roof and not many trees. I can't explain it....


This tree stood out though. I was just captivated it, and as I stood staring at it an image came to me. The tree was bigger than all the rest. It was huge in comparison to the rest, with many many branches on top stretching toward the clouded sky. So here is part of what I felt the Lord was saying. I also found it funny because today was YWAM's monthly global day of prayer and fasting... and the theme was "Strengthening yourself in the Lord."


LIKE THIS TREE:


-I want to grow you.

-As you lift your arms to heaven in surrender to me, just as this tree stretches its many limbs to the sky, I will grow you. I will provide for you and give you the strength and nourishment you need to not only thrive but stand strong and not faulter in the storms that may come.

-Branches: many arms surrender; each one a part/characteristic/talent that youare or possess. WHen you lift those to Him, He can take them and use them.

-John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing."

No comments: