Sunday, October 5, 2008

In memory of.





It's hard to think that it's been a year since you parted from us. Even now it doesn't seem fair, and it isn't something I will ever understand.... but it is the path that the Lord guided you down and I will have to accept that He must have had some amazing plans for you up there. A year. A year of holidays and visits that you were absent from, though at the same time I know you were there. A year of stories untold and adventures I've taken. Things I know you would have been proud of me for, that I wish I could share your joy in. A year of missed crushed ice, easter house, and carvings gone. No sheep down shirts or messy hair. No happy hour or naps on the couch. An abandoned shop, a lonely home. Sometimes it's just unbearible; we just break down in tears. It is this year that we have learned more and more that you were the glue that held us together; it was you we anxiously awaited. I am so thankful and blessed that I did get to spend the time with you that I did last year. We were blessed He let us have you for the time that we did. This year was rough, but we got by. I guess I just needed to write this to remember you, and remind you that you are and always will be missed. XOXO Grandad.

No comments: