Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Beautiful Bedford.















So.... Weekends are fun here because we actually have the time to get out and see the beautiful world of England. I was blessed this weekend with a chance to tag along with one of my friends to his hometown of Bedford for a day with my other friend Naomi. What a chance for firsts! I RODE A TRAIN! Thats right. They laughed at me the whole way there... because every time another train would pass us it would make this giant crashing sound... and made me jump out of my trousers (never... never say pants here. haha!). Well. The ride was only about a half hour... it was fun! We got off in Bedford. It was so nice to escape the oval. I hadn't left Harpenden the first 2 weeks so it was fun to see around somewhere else! According to Gareth... Bedford is a "town"... NOT A CITY. I don't agree. I told him it's a city if it has a mall.. which it does. Sooo.... help me out with this debate.... what do you think??? We walked for a bit... went down the main area. There was a multicultural street market going on... Much like the saturday market only with many many nations represented. I got to go to Primark... like the super awesome CHEAP store with amazingly cute cute clothes... but didn't feel much like shopping or anything so we left. Next stop Nando's. Nando's is Gareth's work... only its supposably like really famous internationally. Personally it reminded me kind of like Chipotle?? We had this awesome Mango Lime Chicken in a Pita Pocket. Then took our food on a walk down the river through this BEAUTIFUL PARK. It was so so beautiful. It reminded me of a park you could picture Alice from Alice in Wonderland... or Peter Pan flying through. Giant trees, pretty lamp posts, swans, the changing colors of autumn. It was so pretty! I was in heaven. So we had a picnic and hung out and then proceeded to find his car (That attacked me and shut my head in the door. haha.) Naims and Me were enjoying the new scenery... though I found myself constantly being mocked for being a complete "tourist" haha. It was way way fun to have two awesome British tour guides showing me around everywhere. We went to Gareth's church. All the churches are so big and beautiful and old... but it really creeped me out when there are all these old cemeteries with faded tombstones all around. Eery! The rest of our day consisted of just hanging out and having fun... then hopping on another train and heading back to the Oval. Beautiful weather, awesome friends, england, and autumn. What more could a girl ask for???

2 comments:

Nick Storment said...

I love nando's its one of the best places because you could get free re fills and it was hecka cheaper than all the other places! I am glad you got to experience that. And Lynn Green. So good, He spoke twice during my DTS and it was great! He has some awesome story's and insight!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! My favorites so far..