Thursday, November 6, 2008

My 21st Birthday and the DNA Conference!

Hello! I know that it has been an increadibly long time since I last posted, but things have been crazy here! I have been out of town this past week... therefore no laptops. :) Last weekend we did some ministry in Croydon/Perley outside of London. We worked at a missions convention and I got to do some children's ministry, and then spent our day at Perley Baptist while our leader spoke at all 4 services. I won't lie, it was a long long weekend, but very fulfilling and very good! We were blessed to stay in many families houses over the weekend... the couple me and a couple other girls stayed with were very amazing. It was very nice to stay in a real home in real beds with real showers! haha. I kinda felt like I was back in the states. Sunday we had a 4 hour break between sermons, and me and 3 others shared our time with this very sweet elderly couple in their house. They made us an amazing lunch and we had a great time of fellowship with them! They had lived there for 42 years.... and they had foxes that they feed in their backyard. I had never seen foxes before they are very cute! Okay. So that sums up the weekend.

We got home at midnight on Sunday night and packed up to leave early monday morning for the DNA Conference up at King's Lodge Base. That is in Warickshire/ Nuneaton if you are tracking me on a map dad. haha. The conference is a conference held in different countries around the world... by Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM! This year it just happened to be held in England so my school has been blessed to get to be a part of it! The goal of the conference is to learn more deeply about the 17 core values of YWAM... and get back to the roots of our DNA in Christ Jesus. We have about 8 hours of lectures a day...and a couple breaks. It has been an amazingly rich time of growth, learning, and getting to know others from many other bases around the UK! I can tell you though, that I am so very very thankful that the Lord knew exactly where I was to belong in a DTS, as I love all the other teams dearly, but I really really feel like this is the one that I fit in, like he knew and called me to be exactly where I am! How neat is that?! Proof to follow::::

MY 21ST BIRTHDAY!

What an amazing day! I feel so so blessed. I really didn't know what to expect because we are away and not on base and so much is going on with so many things in the conference... but I woke up to a bunch of the girls throwing balloons at me in the church we are staying at. Haha. They had a couple sweet presents for me... some amazing lip gloss and earings and stuff. How sweet. I think I must have been sung to like 100 times yesterday! I got many cards and words of affirmation from friends. So at the conference.... the kitchen at kings lodge caught on fire. Eeek! Ya.. so we all had to evacuate as the fire trucks came pouring in. No worries it was all okay! But while we were on the lawn waiting.... our team was grouped together to be counted... and they all came running up to me singing happy birthday and then there is a worship song here that goes "oh oh ooooohhhhooo" okay i can't type it here but they started chanting it and running around me jumping up and down in this giant huddle like we were a bunch of football players... meanwhile everyone else was watching laughing. our team is so close. i will never forget that moment!!!!!!!!!! So ya.. then later in the service the whole base sang to me... and brought up a cake to the front (it was 2 other peoples bdays too)... and we blew out candles... and I got to pick a free book from the bookstore! Then we had lunch together and my team had bought me cakes and candles tooo!!!!!!!!!!! Spoiled i think. During freetime Steve took the bus into town so we could get off the base for a while... and we got to go to starbucks and shop! yaya. Thats when my daddy called me. :) Thanks daddy. That meant a lot to me!!!!!!!!! Not to mention that a couple that spoke at our school that i had gotten to know a little bit had pulled me aside and told me that they had saved a spot in their car for me to go to Bonfire night with them in place of another lecture... THAT TOTALLY MADE MY DAY. Okay... if you didn't know already... My birthday in england is also a holiday called guy faux that is celebrated by giant bonfires and fireworks... (fourth of july only better!!! for pyros. haha). i had realllly wanted to go to a bonfire but had been told that there wasn't one on the base so i was kinda sad... but we went to this bonfire that was bigger than our house mom... it was HUGE.... like 2 stories high and as wide as our house. It was massive. And the fire works were pretty... yay. It was much much fun! Then we went to a pub for a while. I had coke, as I have a bet and made a vow to never drink so no worries. but it was wierd being in one after all these years!!!! OH yes... my boxes have made it to the base... but I am not there to get them so I will let you know when I get home tomorrow night!!!!!!!! Anyway. It was the most amazing awesome special day... and I won't forget it! Thank you to everyone who was a part of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

ps: i will post more update on all i am learning in a bit but i have to share this computer with others too! loves you!

No comments: