
I can hardly believe that lecture phase has come to an end... or even the fact that I have lived in another country for three entire months! It has been a time of many ups and downs... many tears, but also many moments of uncontrollable laughter. I have learned to hear God's voice for myself... I have learned that he is my daddy... that he wants me... but not just the pieces I wanted to give him... all of me. I have learned to live in a community of mulitiple nationalities, languages, and ways of life. I have built some of the most amazing relationships with people from all over the world. I have 20+ best friends. Yes. Best. They are amazing people... hungry for all that God has for them... hungry for more. I don't think that I am the same girl I was when I stepped foot onto the oval three months ago. Things are different. God has changed me. My spirit has been shaken and moved by His character. He is truely good. Every moment has brought something new... a new revelation... a new challenge... a new opportunity to grow into who God created me to be.
So... I suppose that it is hard to say goodbye to the end of lecture phase. It is time though. It is time to step out of all the things that God has been teaching each and every one of us... so that we can go out and tell others about the change he alone could have created. We will go... go out strong in Him, strong in love, strong in faith and with endurance to run this race that he has marked out for us.
For those of you that would like to have a little more detail about where and when we will be going... here is a brief somewhat of a itenerary as to where we will be and when. Tomorrow we leave for Notting Hill, London. We (our whole school, both my team and the Spain team) will be working with a community project called Earl's Court. We will be serving the homeless of London through the week of Christmas, with meals, prayer, dramas, testimonies, etc. I am so excited for what God will do! So yes, London from December 22-26. On December 28 all of us will be flying to Sicily, Italy, and boarding the Next Wave boat. From the 28th to January 12 we will all be working in Sicily, doing things through the New year, working with churches, and doing evangelism and such. On the 12th the other team will depart us and fly out to Spain. We will be staying with the boat working in Italy until February 1... when we will sail to Corinth and Athens, Greece for more ministry and evangelism! On February 9 we will return to the UK, and work in Cabridge, evangelizing at the yes, ever so famous Cambridge University. On February 16th my team will then depart for Belfast, Northern Ireland where we will finish off our outreach, returning to the Oval on March 3. Whewww... that was a lot.
I am so so so excited for all that God will be doing during this time!!! It is going to be a time of even more growth and challenge... and I am so up for it! I am really not sure how much internet I will have while I am away... but my work duty with my team is the photographer... so I may be keeping up a seperate blog for the ship, and for our whole team to enjoy! I want to be sure to keep each of you posted with the things that God is going to be doing!
Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you for believing and supporting me! May you have a very very very very merry Christmas, that the Lord will bless each and every one of you. I will miss you so much this Christmas, but I know that I am exactly where God has called me to be and I am content in this. I hope to write again soon!
(I do have my skype phone, that I will be able to use to keep in contact!)
Love, Kelsey.

1 comment:
Hey hun. Just wanted to say that I miss you and love you and think of you often and am praying for you. Can't wait to hear about your plans for the future when God tells them too you. haha
Post a Comment